Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!

It feels a very long time since I wrote a blog and the whole of July and August have just disappeared in a flash!

It was a busy summer - we went on holiday during the summer holidays for the first time ever and then we only had three and a half weeks at home before school started again. And my little boy started school last week - a very proud but sad day for us. It is going to take me some time to get used to an empty house five full days a week although it does mean I can get on with writing up all those blog posts I've got lined up.
So here is the first one. A quicky about lemons just for my sister who always has hot water and lemon first thing in the morning ...

For some reason before we went on holiday I had quite a few lemons in the fridge and after a little research I discovered that lemons can be frozen. I sliced the lemons and laid them on a baking tray then popped them in the freezer overnight. I then put the frozen slices into a bag ready for use. 
The frozen slices are perfect for a healthy lemon tea or hot water and lemon - I can take a slice from the freezer, drop it into my freshly made tea and the frozen lemon cools the hot tea to the perfect temperature for drinking. So simple!
© 2013 Nicola Noble: Please observe the rules of copyright and blog etiquette. If you use my ideas or images, please link back to my blog. And do let me know - I'd love to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment